Title: Administrative AssistantReference No.:
£18k-24k DQEStart Date:
Location: Cranford, London TW5 9QX Position: Full-Time [Monday-Saturday, Shift rota]
Hours: 9 AM -6 PM (basic 40
hours/week) with possible of regular overtime hoursTerms & Conditions : 6 months contract with possible renewal, Immediate
Start, Dress code applicable , Enhanced DBS
Cover Student administrative functions as required and be proficient user of
the college database management system [Training will be provided]
2. Champion Learner Services - Actively promote Learner Services across the
3. Actively engage with students to ascertain feedback. This includes attending
cross-college and external meetings/groups as required to promote and develop
4. Supporting and coordinating day -to -day events and activities.
5. Support the administration of funding to students.
6. Your work will be supporting : Admissions , Examination , Bursary and
Library & Offices and & to act as the first point of contact for
initial advice of learner Services.
7. Receiving telephone calls, and dealing with enquiries and passing onto the
8. To follow up and work with students where attendance and other indicators
show the student may be at risk, referring to specialist support where
9. Providing support and assistance to Head of quality & Standards in
regard to Safeguarding.
10. Being part of a team and responsible for promoting ideas and suggestions to
improve the work of the departmental administrative functions.
11. To take responsibility for your own professional development and
continually update as necessary.
12. To comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act.
13. Booking rooms and arranging groups of students meetings etc.
14. Liaising with others and organizing events such as Induction week , Student
association , and College open days .
15. Receiving telephone calls, and dealing with enquiries and passing onto the
16. Creating standard letters or other documents and making changes to
information prior to printing.
17. Producing the agenda and minutes for your team
18. To & carry out any other reasonable
duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of
responsibility of the job.
19. Good Knowledge of Social Media promotions will be desirable
20. Willingness to attend national & international educational exhibitions
This position suits a newly graduate with ability to focus on details with good knowledge and understanding of the use of student database management system and good general IT skills and in particular the proficient use of MSO & basic Knowledge of HTML plus good academic qualification
How to apply
We stipulate that applicants must include the following ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS together with their CV for initial assessment & consideration.:
a) A cover letter stating as why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position
b) The details of TWO UK-based professional referees whom both have good knowledge of your current & past relevant FE/HE administrative experience for this position
c) your current or most recent annual salary
d) Your required termination notice to current employer bearing in mind this is an immediate position.
e) It should be noted that the Appointing Panel will be most interested in your Weaknesses as well as your strengths . Please indicate these on your covering letter
Please forward your completed application (your CV and cover letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org